- Products & Supply
- Electronic Gases and Chemicals
- Packaged Chemicals
- Welding and Safety Products
- Speciality Gases Overview
- Supply Modes
Sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) is normally available in cylinders and drum tanks. Linde is also able to offer larger packages in some markets.
Sulfur hexafluoride is used in a range of industries for a range of applications including:
- Power & Energy: Primarily used as an insulating medium for a wide range of high voltage electrical and electronic equipment such as circuit breakers, switch gears and particles accelerators.
- Glass: Insulating windows - reduced sound transmission and heat transfer.
- Medical: In eye surgery and as a contrast agent.
- Steel & Metals: In molten magnesium and aluminium production and purification.
- Electronics: High purity sulfur hexafluoride used in electronic and semiconductor applications.